Sunday, August 24, 2008

Canada's Sweet Siren Song

Canada. For several years I have dreamed of this place. Constantly living under the shadow of America, Canada could never escape from the reputation of being 'America Jr.', always being regarded as a country filled with wimp hippies and retired couples, but that is not the truth. I can see past this silly reputations and view the real Canada. A paradise, free health care abound, snowy in the winters, scorching in the summers, it is, without a doubt, my Eden. All of my friends have a skeptical view on Canada.
'Oh, who would want to go to Canada? It's too hot and smells like stale marijuana.'
However, whenever they say this, I completely disregard it.
Speaking of which, I know another place that's too hot and smells like stale marijuana. Seattle's premier music festival, Bumbershoot. Yes, glorious Bumbershoot, chock full of all the latest and greatest music acts, taking place in the height of Summer, where none of the good acts come on until well over nine, practically shoving free promotional CD's down your throat, giant roller-coasters beckoning you, begging you to mount their bright red chairs and follow it into death or oblivion (whatever comes first). Yes, two paradises among paradises, Bumbershoot and Canada are. They are where my destiny lies. These places are two thirds of my journey. However, two thirds is not enough! The road to completion awaits! Onward to Cancun!

No comments: