Monday, August 25, 2008

Road Trips and Cuba

In four years, I will spend my summer going on a road trip. Yes, a road trip. No ordinary road trip, I'll have you know. This road trip will fulfill the cycle. Once this trip is complete, there is nothing more I must do. It will be the end. I suppose you are confused at this point. Don't worry. All will be explained in time. I will start with the destinations of this trip. We will first visit California. California. What springs to mind when you think of this place? For me, it is the home of modern punk music, for my friends, it is essentially a giant den filled with beautiful women. One of the lesser paradises of the world, California is a necessity for every road trip. Afterward, we will drive in a straight line past Arizona, to Colorado, where we shall be provided lodgings by one of my friend's uncles, and view the Grand Canyon. I did not want to do this, but I could not fight the combined force of five of my friends. We shall move on from there downwards to Mexico, stopping in Tijuana, camping in the country, and then moving on. We then continue onwards, taking a slowboat to Cuba. Cuba. What an original experience. For a LONG time, only a few select outsiders have been allowed to set foot inside Cuba. But now that a certain dictator has loosened his iron vice grip on all of the immigration, a whole new array of possiblities open up. Yes. Our trip is almost finished. At our final stop, my pilgrimage will be complete. Finally, we arrive! Cancun!

No comments: