Friday, August 22, 2008

On The Topics Of Jobs And Existence

I like music. I really like music. If I can, I would like to have a career involving music.
Now before you say 'Oh, how cute! He wants to be in a band!', know that I DO NOT want to make a living PLAYING music. I want to do something with it.
Anything's fine with me. I'll work for a record company, I'll work for a magazine, I'll do anything! That is, if it's possible.
I'm not picky. Any job is fine with me. I don't even have to make that much money. Just enough to support me and my family living in a modest apartment. To be honest, I don't think about my future too much. Not that I should, being thirteen, but everyone puts some thought into it at some point, be it a sophomore thinking about applying to college next year, or even a four year old girl playing doctor in the backyard.
The future is a funny thing to think about. I sometimes think, what if all of a sudden, we just cease to exist. We won't burn up, or disintegrate, or anything painful at all. We simply wouldn't exist. We would never have existed, and would never exist. Just as if there was no universe, no time, no space, nothing. Hell, there wouldn't even be nothing! Simply nothing would exist. And we wouldn't necessarily know when things stopped existing. For example, we could just keep on living in our imaginations. Though nothing would exist, we would believe it does, and live on forever, not knowing if anything is real. Even this blog you feel you are reading could all be in your head. I'm pretty sure some philosopher touched on this topic before, but I can't seem to recall his name.
Anyway, I hope you're sufficiently freaked out.
You are?
Well...

No comments: