Thursday, August 14, 2008

uuuuhh...

The entire reason I'm writing these blogs is because my ban for a certain game can be lifted. If you want to know what this ban was for, too bad, because it's not something I want to talk about. Instead I'm going to talk about myself.
I'm not the most virtuous of people, but I do what I can to try. But here's the thing: even when I AM virtuous, there is almost always an ulterior motive to it.
One example of this is when I had to serve food to the homeless for one of my Boy Scouts badge requirements. All the adults were talking about me and my friends, about how great it was we were doing community service like this voluntarily. They didn't know there WERE kids like this.
The homeless people we were serving, as well as a few adults supervising were stunned by us. They would come up to us and say 'Wow, it's so great that you're helping your community!' and 'I'm glad kids like you are around.'
My friends and I, of course, were not doing this voluntarily. We were practically forced to do this work, so we naturally felt guilty for taking credit for being nice kids. But we did anyway. At the moment, we felt absolutely horrible about we we did, but we were still children, and, sure enough, we forgot about it in only a few days.
It's not that we didn't care, it's just that we forgot. Once we got what we needed, we couldn't remember anything. Are you bored yet? Well, I guess I'll wrap this up. So, now you know what I mean about not being virtuous.

I'm pretty heartless, huh?

No comments: